Whether you’re eating in the style of low carb, gluten-free, paleo or are just a meat-lover, you have to try this ‘Meat Bagel’ recipe! You’re intrigued, right?
I recently loss weight on a local weight loss program, but, the very second I went off the diet I gained a few pounds. So, I needed to determine a way to lose what I gained, and continue a life-long way of eating that would eliminate cravings and the dreaded carb coma! Everyone is different, but, grains, carbs and starch make me feel awful and I instantly gain, so after some online research, I’m following a Low Carb (Gluten Free) approach (plus walking/running). Hence, this scrumptious, unique fun recipe that was adapted from Carol’s genius creation at Ditch The Wheat. Thanks Carol!
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp grass fed ghee/butter
- 2 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 c tomato sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking dish or deep roasting pan with parchment paper.
- Saute the onions over medium heat with the grass fed butter. Saute until translucent. Transfer to a plate and cool.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients including the onions well enough to evenly distribute the spices.
- Divide the meat into 6 portions. Using your hands, form a portion of meat mixture into a ball and indent the middle and flatten slightly to form the appearance of a bagel.
- Place the bagel formed meat in the pan and repeat with the other divided portions of meat.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the meat is fully cooked.
- Allow the meat bagels to cool. Slice the them just like a regular bagel and fill with your favorites such as tomato slices, lettuce, onion slices, avocado, salsa…an egg? The possibilities are really endless!
Give these a try and let me know how much you love ’em! Enjoy!!